In many corporations all PCs have security policies, which will prevent users to change things as: screen saver, wallpaper, stand by when computer is not in use… among many others.
This policies are a standard practice for corporations, but sometimes we need to leave a job, running all night, computer will activate the screen saver and later, it will sleep, screw the process we left.
So how can you prevent this?
Well you can simulate touching the keyboard, this will prevent the wallpaper to start and by consequence, the “Stand By” state.
Here you have a small text script, it runs with Windows Scripting
IMPORTANT: This will make your computer insecure
To use it, just copy the file to your pc, then double click on it, this is what happens next:
- A popup window will appear, telling that activity will start
- After you dismiss the windows, script will simulate a “shift” key press every 5 seconds
- A popup windows will alert that a process is happening in the system
- If you do nothing, popup will disappear
- If you click OK, popup is dismissed until the next 5 minutes
- If you click Cancel, process will not longer simulate key press.
Hope it helps!Share